
Well, just another day at the office for Mike this week. He found himself in Wash. D.C. on the day of the inauguration -- crazy amounts of people there for the big event, but mostly just
very cold! It was in the teens with a cold and overcast sky. Brrrr. So the next day things got much better. It was off to the West Indies, St. Martin to be exact. As you can see our Hotel is right on the beach and the island was warm and sunny. A nice change from the cold weather.

St. Martin has the airport right on the beach -- or at least very close. As you can tell from the 737 landing. People line up right at the end of the runway and take pics of the airplanes as they take off and land.

As you can see from the people here in the center of the picture, sometimes it gets a little "windy" as planes take off or land and people get "blown away" or maybe just sandblasted!

You know its really a difficult day of work when this is the view from your window. I went for a run down by the beach and when I got too hot went for a swim in the warm Caribbean waters. I didn't get much sympathy from the family when I showed up back home with a sunburn? Not to sure why.......

And so as I bid the West Indies goodbye, and am looking forward to coming home to the crisp mountain air of Liberty and celebrating Drakes upcoming birthday.
Ahh... what must the cushy life of an airline pilot be like? Some of us work hard for our vacation and are not sent on vacations for work!
ReplyDelete